- The original ballot measure said it would cost $40 billion. Current estimate: $110 billion.
- Advertised ridership: 24-41 million. Current estimates: 5-7 million.
- Promised travel time Los Angeles to San Francisco: 2.6 hours. Current estimate: 4.5+ hours.
- Ballot measure said the bond would cover 1/4 the cost $10 million) and no taxpayer money, with the rest coming from Federal and private entities, but not 1 penny of private money has been promised or secured.
- The first leg from Madera to Shafter (where??) was required to be completed in 2017. New estimate: 2025 and counting (not one inch of track has been laid yet).
Does anyone see the problem here?