Saturday, March 11, 2017
Friday, March 10, 2017
Friday, February 10, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
- The original ballot measure said it would cost $40 billion. Current estimate: $110 billion.
- Advertised ridership: 24-41 million. Current estimates: 5-7 million.
- Promised travel time Los Angeles to San Francisco: 2.6 hours. Current estimate: 4.5+ hours.
- Ballot measure said the bond would cover 1/4 the cost $10 million) and no taxpayer money, with the rest coming from Federal and private entities, but not 1 penny of private money has been promised or secured.
- The first leg from Madera to Shafter (where??) was required to be completed in 2017. New estimate: 2025 and counting (not one inch of track has been laid yet).
Does anyone see the problem here?
Friday, January 20, 2017
The Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses. (Daniel 5:21)
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:2-4)