Friday, February 10, 2017
Monday, January 23, 2017
- The original ballot measure said it would cost $40 billion. Current estimate: $110 billion.
- Advertised ridership: 24-41 million. Current estimates: 5-7 million.
- Promised travel time Los Angeles to San Francisco: 2.6 hours. Current estimate: 4.5+ hours.
- Ballot measure said the bond would cover 1/4 the cost $10 million) and no taxpayer money, with the rest coming from Federal and private entities, but not 1 penny of private money has been promised or secured.
- The first leg from Madera to Shafter (where??) was required to be completed in 2017. New estimate: 2025 and counting (not one inch of track has been laid yet).
Does anyone see the problem here?
Friday, January 20, 2017
The Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses. (Daniel 5:21)
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:2-4)
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Plus, we Californians do get a bit of the fall colors, even if in our Sierra Nevada Mountains. Here is a photo taken at Mineral King in the southern part of Sequoia National Park on September 23 of the quaking aspen turning their golden Fall colors. I hear they are even more beautiful now, just 2 weeks later! To read more about the historic Mineral King area, visit https://sites.google.com/site/mineralkingcabins
Lastly, Fall means we're heading toward the Christmas season where we celebrate the first Advent of Jesus Christ, "God With Us" who came to live as a man and die a substitutionary death for our sins. What greater celebration is that?